NARCIS is the national portal for those looking for:
- Scientific information, including (open access) publications from the repositories of all Dutch universities, KNAW, NWO and a large number of scientific institutions
- Research data available at various data archives, including DANS EASY
- Research software
- Descriptions of research projects, experts and research institutes in the Netherlands.
DANS closely cooperates with affiliated universities and other institutions to make and keep NARCIS as up-to-date and complete as possible.
The NARCIS advisory board advises the DANS management on the direction of NARCIS and related services. The composition of the advisory board:
- Drs. Hans de Jonge – Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek
- Drs. Maarten Steenhuis – Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Paul Hofman – Eindhoven University of Technology
- Ir. Maarten Seegers – Maastricht University
- Drs. Barbara Sierman – Koninklijke Bibliotheek
- Martine Teirlinck-Hermsen MSc / Dafne Vencken MA – HBO Knowledge Infrastructure (HKI)